With a rare afternoon at home with just my little girl, I was looking for an easy fall craft she and I could work on together. I came across this picture on Etsy. It reminded me of similar letter door hangers I had seen before and inspired us to make our own for Halloween. A quick stop by the craft store while running errands and we had everything we needed.
- Wooden letters. You could spell out any number of words, but three letters seemed about right for my 4 year-old’s attention span. Our craft store sold black letters, perfect for a Halloween decoration,
- Ribbon and ribbon wire. I did pull out my Bowdabra (purchased many, many years ago and still works great) but you could easily tie the by hand as well.
- Glue and novelities to add (my daugther choose the sparkly spiders)
- We began by using the ribbon to tie the letters together.
- Then we tied a ribbon loop at the top of the “B” as a hanger for the decoration. We secured a bow at the top too for a little extra sparkle!
- Finally, we glued our spiders to the two “Os”
In three easy steps, and less than 30 minutes, we had made our own Halloween Door Hanger together. Now, if I can just get the glitter off of my dining room table before Halloween!